Duties & Responsibilities of Public Relations
- Arrange visits inside and outside PMU.
- Build strong connections with government agencies and other universities.
- Manage Public Relations in planning, coordinating and executing public relations activities and events at the University to promote a positive image.
- Manage Public Relations and other staff in coordinating University print, broadcast and new media advertising campaigns.
- Supervise production, delivery, distribution and payment of University publications such as, college catalogs, printed programs brochures, news and other media report.
- Approves writing and distributing news releases announcing important university information and events; updates and maintains University online calendar of events.
- Coordinates media buys and reserves advertising space with appropriate media outlets; creates and maintains integrated campaign spec sheets and determines production deadlines.
- Proofs print and broadcast copy for grammatical and typographical errors.
- Arranges for timely purchase, acquisition, and solicit bids from vendors.
- Arranges photo shoots with professional photographers and provides digital photography for publications and to record special events; maintains District’s electronic photo archives; coordinates mass-mailings of weekly/daily internal newsletter and other special mailings.
- Supervise and manage every events, on and off campus activities.
- Prepares letters and memo's for supervisor general in every aspect needed.
- Prepares documents and reports when needed by public relations.
- Take minutes in meeting and prepare agenda.
- Coordinate in staff regarding events and exhibits.
- Supports media publications and other related documents.
Event & Exhibition Coordinator(Male & Female)
- researching markets to identify opportunities for events;
- liaising with clients to ascertain their precise event requirements;
- producing detailed proposals for events (e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets);
- agreeing to and managing a budget;
- securing and booking a suitable venue or location;
- ensuring insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are adhered to;
- coordinating venue management, caterers, stand designers, contractors and equipment hire;
- organizing facilities for car parking, traffic control, security, first aid, hospitality and the media;
- identifying and securing speakers or special guests;
- planning room layouts and the entertainment programmer, scheduling workshops and demonstrations;
- coordinating staffing requirements and staff briefings;
- selling sponsorship/stand/exhibition space to potential exhibitors/partners;
- preparing delegate packs and papers;
- liaising with marketing and PR colleagues to promote the event;
- liaising with clients and designers to create a brand for the event and organizing the production of tickets, posters, catalogues and sales brochures;
- coordinating suppliers, handling client queries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly;
- overseeing the dismantling and removal of the event and clearing the venue efficiently;
- Post-event evaluation (including data entry and analysis and producing reports for event stakeholders).
Public Relations Coordinator
- Coordinates and participates in the preparation of internal promotional publications to include planning articles, editing copy to conform to proper grammatical style, and supervising the printing and distribution of publications;
- Conducts interviews, research, and write news releases, articles, and feature stories; maintain interface with departmental personnel to elicit news and promotional items of interest;
- Answers requests for information and articles concerning activities within a specified unit/department.
Administrative Assistant (Female)
- Develops administrative staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Resolves administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning administrative projects; expediting work results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed