Who initiated the idea?
- HRH Prince Mohammad bin Fahd bin Abdul-Aziz greatly believes that challenges of
modern workplace could be met only through high quality education. To make this
dream come true, HRH took the initiative in 2002 to help establish a University
in the Eastern Province with unique characteristics and distinctive mission/vision
statements. This initiative was the starting point for PMU project.
Who did the feasibility study for PMU?
- The first step in setting up the University was the feasibility study. The decision
was made to award the project to "The Consulting Center for Finance and Investment
- CCFI", who finalized the study in June 2003. Based on the findings, the decision
was made as to which academic programs will be offered by PMU. The feasibility study
also offered recommendations concerning needed capital investments and operational
- Top national and international engineering offices competed for the Architectural
Design project of PMU. The decision was to award the project to Zuhair Fayez Partnership
(ZFP) who have excellent track record in designing educational institutions. However,
in order to guarantee international standards, the space program for the educational
facilities was done in collaboration with International Universities. The design
phase was completed in Feb. 2005 and reviewed by Al-Hejailan Consultants Engineering
PMU Construction Contractor
- Fourteen (14) Construction Companies were invited to tender for PMU Construction
project. The contract was awarded to ATCO in July 2005.
- In order to guarantee high quality education, the PMU management awarded the system
design project (Academic/Administrative) to one of the top international educational
consultants, Texas International Education Consortium (TIEC).