PMU prepares high quality graduates for employment in high demand fields in the Eastern Province. The university aims at educating the “whole” person; it recognizes that success in the world depends not only on knowledge of a specific academic discipline, but also on a broader set of skill and abilities.
Graduate Competency Profile
PMU graduates are known for their distinctive competencies. The university has designed six core areas intended to ensure that PMU students possess knowledge and abilities to be successful in their chosen fields and to contribute to the development of their community and the Kingdom. The six PMU core competencies are:
- Communication: the ability to communicate effectively in both English and Arabic in professional and social situations.
- Technological Competence: the ability to use modern technologies to acquire information, communicate, solve problems, and produce intended results.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving: the ability to reason logically and creatively to make informed and responsible decisions and achieve intended goals.
- Professional Competence: the ability to perform professional responsibilities effectively in both local and international contexts.
- Teamwork: the ability to work effectively with others to accomplish tasks and achieve group goals.
- Leadership: the ability to be informed, effective, and responsible leaders in family, community, and the Kingdom.