In compliance with the regulations and the University Charter, and in compliance
with the decisions of the Board of Trustees, the University Council shall manage
the administrative, financial, educational and scientific research issues.
The University Council implements the general university policy and is entitled
- Suggest the establishment, merging, closing or amendment on the names of colleges,
divisions and research centers.
- Suggest academic specializations.
- Award degrees for the university graduates.
- Determine the details of the Academic Calendar within the general guidelines of
beginning and ending dates of the semesters, as well as the vacations dates.
- Approve the curricula and syllabi suggested by the colleges’ councils, after approval
of the Ministry.
- Approve the internal college regulations without incurring any benefits or financial
- Discuss the annual college reports.
- Approve the extracurricular activities plan of the colleges.
- Decide on the appointment and promotion of faculty members, based on the recommendations
made by the Scientific Council.
- Establish the rules regulating visiting and transferring students.
- Deliberate on topics referred by the Chair of the Board of Trustees or by the University
Rector, or any issues put forward by any member of the University Council.
The University Council is entitled to establish permanent or temporary committees
that can be constituted of its own members or others to study what has been assigned
The University Council is called by its Chair to meet at least once a month.
- The University Rector- Chair.
- University vice rectors or those in equivalent positions, the oldest of whom acts for the Rector in his absence, or when his post becomes vacant.
- Deans of Colleges and Support Deanships.
- Representative of the Higher Education Council.
- Three faculty members designated by the Chair of the Board of Trustees for a period of two years, renewable upon recommendation of the University Rector and upon approval of the Board of Trustees.
- The Council designates one of its members as a Secretary.
University Council 2015/2016
|Dr. Issa H. Alansari, Rector, Chairman
|Dr. Muhammed Saleh Al Mulhem, Deputy Chair
|Dr. Yousif M. Suleiman
||Dean, Faculty Affairs
|Dr. Jamal Nayfeh
|| Dean, College of Engineering
|Dr. Desmond V. Rice
||Director, Learning Resource Center, Professional Development Center
|Dr. Mohammad Elgeddawy
||Dean, College of Sciences and Human Studies
|Dr. Mohammad Waqar Ashraf
||A/Dean, Core Curriculum
|Dr. Wolfgang Hinck
||Dean College of Business Administration
|Dr. Ammar Al Hassan
||A/Dean, College of Com. Eng. &Com. Science
|Dr. Yousr Gadhoum
||Dean, Research Development
|Dr. Malik Saleh
||Dean, Quality & Accreditation
|Mr. Omar Elmoussa
||Dean, Student Affairs, Business Dev. and Com. Service
|Mr. Ahmad Nuriddin
||Director, Preparation Program
|Mr. Iyad bader
|| Director, Enrollment & Registration
|Dr. Jaafar Al Ghazo
|Dr. Emily Jeannine Grantham