As PMU embarks on its second decade, we feel committed to maintain a strong institutional reputation, building on strengths but most importantly elevating our commitments to the complexity of the challenges raised in the age of knowledge and in the light of an ever changing global landscape.
Issa H. Al Ansari, PMU Rector
Since its inception, PMU has witnessed a decade of dedication and growth. Ten years of hard work to lay strong foundations in teaching and learning, excellence and innovation, diversity and inclusion and community service and engagement. As PMU embarks on its second decade, we feel committed to maintain a strong institutional reputation, building on strengths but most importantly elevating our commitments to the complexity of the challenges raised in the age of knowledge and in the light of an ever changing global landscape.
Our vision for the second decade is here proposed to the stakeholders and the public. We invite all of you to contribute to shaping this vision and making PMU the institution of pride for each student, each member of the faculty and staff, and each member of the academic and business communities. As a valued stakeholder for PMU, you can contribute to this vision by engaging in a dialogue at firstname.lastname@example.org
, where your views and innovative ideas will be recorded, shared, discussed and projected in the Rector’s Vision for PMU in the Second Decade: Pathways to the Future.
THE PERSPECTIVES WILL BE DIRECTED TOWARDS 5 MAIN AREAS:
In the second decade… we envision PMU as:
- An ever more student-centered academic environment increasing efforts towards building a distinguished graduate profile that is aligned with the changing global landscape;
- A constantly innovative learning environment introducing state-of-the art learning technologies and pioneering methodologies;
- A nationally and internationally accredited university;
- An institution providing prestigious Graduate Studies in innovative fields;
- An institution offering new majors that respond to the national and international needs;
- An institution focusing on Research with Impact.
In the second decade…we aim to ensure that PMU is:
- An institution that actively engages with the UN Academic Impact priorities;
- An institution that is globally connected to the international academic community, the business and industries, and to the global issues in the world today;
- A campus where each individual: student, faculty and staff member reflects the global connectivity envisioned by the institution;
- A university where all students experience adequate international exposure during their academic career;
- An academic environment that ensures equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion throughout all of its programs;
- An Institution that participates in building global peace and tolerance through education.
In the second decade… we aim to:
- Ensure that PMU becomes a landmark of the region;
- Reach a capacity of 10,000 students, with equal gender distribution and a target of 15% international students
- Expand the campus facility through:
- Establishing two Male and Female Preparatory Program dedicated buildings;
- Establishing new administrative offices;
- Build a multi-story car park to accommodate more student and staff vehicles;
- Complete the Housing Project;
- Make PMU as a landmark of the region.
- Open one regional campus
- Complete and launch the Medical School and Teaching Hospitals
- Complete and launch the Prince Sultan College for Visually Impaired
- Continue to improve continuously the PMU infrastructure through development projects
- Establish the School of Law
In the second decade, we aim to ensure that pmu becomes a landmark of the eastern province
In the second decade…we aim to engage with:
- The Kingdom’s National Vision for 2030 as an active participant on the immediate and long terms;
- The Youth of the Eastern Province through community programs;
- The Businesses and Industries of the Eastern Province through training, entrepreneurship, advisory boards, endowments, and applied research;
- The local authorities through the Public Policy Center;
- Ensure PMU becomes a landmark of the Eastern Province;
- PMU students as ambassadors in local and global citizenship programs.
IN THE SECOND DECADE, WE AIM TO ENGAGE WITH THE KINGDOM’S NATIONAL VISION FOR 2030
In the second decade… we aim for:
- PMU to become an endowed University;
- PMU to reach an endowment value of 500M SAR.
our ultimate responsibility is to provide students with the best education possible so that they may achieve their goals, succeed at the highest levels and improve their communities in the nation and the world: this is the PMU Promise.
Issa H. Al Ansari, PMU Rector