The mission of the Civil Engineering Department is as follow:
- To prepare its students to meet current and future needs of the national industry and government agencies, and to become productive professionals and leaders.
- To enhance and expand the knowledge in Civil Engineering by conducting research and scholarly activity and
- To reach out to the community and the profession through innovative services and solutions.
The following is our goals:
- To provide high quality engineering education consistent with national and international standards and responsive to the Kingdom needs and culture.
- To conduct strong basic and applied research, to disseminate knowledge, and to contribute to advancement of science and technology.
- To serve the industry, the profession, and the community at large through innovative solutions.
The program objectives are as follow:
- Review and develop the program curriculum to meet the latest trends in engineering profession and national needs.
- Meet the NCAAA standards and obtain program accreditation.
- Establish all necessary laboratories and facilities.
- Increase the number of faculty development activities through workshops and seminars.
- Increase the number of community outreach activities.
- Increase the Department research output in both publications and funding proposals.