Students Rights and Responsibilities
You have the right to Know
- What financial aid programs are available at PMU
- The deadlines for submitting applications for each of the programs.
- How financial aid will be distributed, how decisions on distribution are made, and the basis for these decisions
- How your financial need was determined.
- What resources were considered in the calculation of your need
- The details of the various programs in your student aid package
- Your refund policies.
- What portion of the financial aid you received must be repaid, and what portion is grant aid. If the aid is a loan, you have the right to know the interest rate, the total amount that must be repaid, the payback procedures, the length of time you have to repay the loan, and when repayment is to begin
- How your university determines if you are making satisfactory progress, and what happens if you are not.
In accepting your responsibilities, You Must...
- Complete all application forms accurately and submit them on time to the proper place.
- Provide correct information. In most instances, misreporting information on financial aid application forms is a violation of law.
- Return all additional documentation, verification, corrections, and/or new information requested by either the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarship Services or the agency to which you submitted your application
- Be responsible for reading and understanding all forms that you are asked to sign, and for keeping copies of them.
- Live up to all agreements that you sign
- Perform the work agreed on if accepting a work-study award
- Be aware of and comply with deadlines for application or reapplication for aid.
- Report changes in name, address, telephone number, and enrollment status to the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarship Services.