Responsibilities to Students
- Have a primary obligation to the students, who are to be treated with dignity and respect as unique individuals.
- Concerned with the educational, academic, career, personal and social needs and encourage maximum development for each student.
- Respect student’s values, beliefs and cultural background and do not impose personal values on students.
- Knowledgeable of laws, regulations and policies relating to students and strive to protect and inform students of their rights.
- Promote the welfare of students and collaborate with them to develop an action plan for success.
- Consider the involvement of support networks valued by the students.
- Understand that professional distance with students, are appropriate at all times.