The PMU will direct its efforts toward a number of targeted goals, each of which will bring the university closer to achieving its mission and realizing its vision.
- Respect and advance Saudi cultural values in a changing learning environment.
- Provide students with the superior technology infrastructure that will equip them with the technology skills to function in the current and emerging working environments.
- Provide faculty with the superior technology infrastructure that enables them to excel in the delivery of effective instruction.
- Provide administrators with a cost effective, flexible, reliable, and secure IT environment that meets the business needs of the university.
- Provide technology tools to facilitate effective student support services.
- Provide an IT governance structure that includes university faculty, students, and staff as well as industry in a collaborative environment.
Regardless of whether they are directed toward administrators, faculty, students, or the university community as a whole, each of these goals contains elements that will assist students in developing characteristic PMU competencies.
The university's technology-infused environment will naturally develop information literacy and familiarity with technology itself. It will also help students achieve skills in critical thinking and reasoning, a global awareness, and abilities in teamwork and leadership. These competencies are whose person skills that will make it possible for the individual student and the university to make valuable contributions to the business community and life in the Kingdom.