The LRC delivers Learning Enrichment Services to provide students with assistance in gaining and maintaining an adequate level of academic proficiency in order to be successful within the PMU’s rigorous intellectual environment. The purpose of Learning Enrichment Services is to offer academic support through program, curriculum, and individual intervention so that every student has the opportunity to become an independent, life-long learner.
Learning Enrichment Services help students become independent and successful learners by improving their study skills, increasing their understanding of course content, enhancing their self-confidence, and encouraging them to develop a positive attitude toward learning.
As a resource for students, faculty, and staff, Learning Enrichment Services:
- Provide a variety of instructional approaches that are appropriate for different skill levels and learning styles.
- Help students master course material and apply effective study strategies so that they might become efficient, independent learners.
- Serve the entire university by helping under-prepared students prepare, helping prepared students advance, and helping advanced students excel.
- Emphasize the process of learning in order to support learners as they achieve academic success and gain scholastic independence.
- Provide opportunities to master strategies, skills, understanding, and attitudes that foster effective and self-directed learning at the university and beyond.
- Encourage students to take advantage of tutoring services early each semester in order to maximize their full learning potential.
Learning Enrichment Services provide students with a broad range of academic assistance.
These services will include:
- Academic Support
- Writing assistance
- Mathematics assistance
- Reading assistance
- Instruction in study skills
- Instruction in time management